Project BSI_4Women will promote entrepreneurship among refugee women. The project will thereby counteract the negative economic and social effects that the invasion of Ukraine and other wars in the world bring.
The war in Ukraine has caused a tragic humanitarian crisis as well as economic devastation affecting countries and regions far beyond Ukraine’s borders. The project BSI_4Women aims to support the entrepreneurial abilities of Ukrainian women on the run and thereby increase opportunities for self-sufficiency and development.
Project partners will jointly develop and share methods and solutions to support entrepreneurship among women on the run, and the ambition is also to establish a transnational fund.
Dalarna Science Park cooperates together with six partners from the the Baltic Sea Region; RARR Rzeszow in Polen, Møre och Romsdal Fylkeskommune in Norway, Ehrvervshus Midtjylland in Danmark, Tallinn Science Park Tehnopol in Estonia, Tech-Park Kaunas in Lithuania and Ventspils High Technology Park in Latvia.
These project partners will together develop and share methods and solutions to support entrepreneurship among women, and the ambition is also to establish a transnational fund.
The project is financed by ERDF within the framework of Interreg Baltic Sea Region.
During the years 2023-2025, the project will:
- Strengthen refugee women’s entrepreneurial ability, which should result in self-sufficiency and development.
- Create a customized incubator offer for the target group.
- Provide micro-support for business start-ups to project participants.
- Strengthen the competitiveness of companies in the Baltic Sea region.
- Disseminate solutions developed within the project to other actors.
A regional working group with actors and companies has been formed to assist in the implementation of the project.